Friday, August 29, 2008

Out with the Old, in with the New!

Right now, I'm not entirely sure whether to laugh, or to cry. I have been playing World of Warcraft as a raiding moonkin for nearly 3 years now. In this time, and especially since the release of the Burning Crusade, I've found myself in a somewhat tight, but mostly comfortable niche: support class.

I could lower the boss's chance to hit our tank by 2% with my fancy Insect Swarm... I could give my group of 5 people 5% extra crit just by standing around and dancing with, you must admit, the best dance in the game! And last but not least, with judicious 40-second reapplication, I could increase the hit of every single melee and ranged (re: hunters) dpser by 3%! Granted, my personal dps was occasionally lackluster, but the antics of my trees, and of course the dance often made up for any deficit not provided by my support buffs.

However, with the upcoming release of Wrath of the Lich King, it seems I am to be pried out of my comfortable, though slightly undersized home, and flung to the far reaches of WoW hybridom thanks to the latest mechanic change that has been announced.

What I am refering to, of course, is what Zarhym has told us about the "Great Buff Normalization of 08." Or in other words, "what this change means is that many buffs and debuffs that were previously allowed to stack together no longer can, and that many buffs and debuffs that only a single talent specialization could bring can now be brought by multiple different specializations."

To put it succinctly ladies and gentlemen..... I fear I am about to become obsolete.

~Syri

No comments: